light brown sugar, packed
1 1/3 cups
1 1/4 teaspoons
semi-sweet chocolate chips
( generous scoop)
- Preheat the oven to 325°.
- Lightly butter a 9-in pie plate.
- Beat 1/2 cup of the melted butter and the sugar together in a large bowl.
- Add the eggs and vanilla, and mix thoroughly.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, and salt together.
- Add to the creamed mixture and mix together.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and nuts. (The dough will resemble chocolate chip cookie dough.)
- Place the dough in the prepared pie plate. Flatten and smooth it out with a broad wooden spoon or your hand.
- Bake at 325° for 30 to 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Brush the pie with the remaining 1 tablespoon melted butter as soon as it comes from the oven.
- Cool and serve with ice cream and/or hot fudge sauce.