1 lb large raw shrimp or 1 lb
prawns, shelled and deveined
minced green onion
garlic cloves, minced
fresh lemon juice
fresh parsley, minced
grated lemon peel
hot pepper sauce
( like Tabasco)
- Pat shrimp dry with paper towels (I like to butterfly them). Set aside.
- Melt butter in wide frying pan.
- Stir in green onion, olive oil, garlic, lemon juice and salt. Cook until bubbly.
- Add shrimp to pan and cook, stirring frequently until shrimp are cooked (about 4 minutes – depending upon the size of the shrimp).
- Stir in parsley, lemon peel, and hot sauce.
- Good served with rice pilaf, green salad and French bread. If you are a real big “bread dipper”, you can always double the “sauce” portion of this recipe.