1 (16 ounce) cans
pitted dark sweet cherries in syrup, undrained
dark brown sugar, firmly packed
Grey Poupon Dijon Mustard, divided
frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
1 (3 lb)
fully cooked boneless smoked ham
- Drain cherries, reserving syrup.
- Combine the cherry syrup, wine, sugar, 2 tablespoons of the mustard, the cornstarch and juice concentrate in small saucepan.
- Cook on medium-high heat until mixture thickens and starts to boil, stirring constantly.
- Remove 1/3 cup of the sauce; reserve for later use.
- Stir cherries into remaining sauce; cover.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Brush ham with remaining 1/4 cup mustard.
- Bake ham as directed on package (I think it says 20 minutes per pound), brushing occasionally with the reserved 1/3 cup sauce for the last 30 minute of the baking time.
- Meanwhile, cook cherry sauce on medium-low heat until heated through, stirring occasionally.
- Carve ham.
- Serve ham slices topped with the warm cherry sauce.