butter-flavored cooking spray
lean ground beef
1 (304.75 g) can
condensed cream of tomato soup
( original version called for low fat or low sodium, I use regular)
1 (226.79 g) can
instant rice, uncooked
1 (425.24 g) can
cut green beans, rinsed & drained
dried parsley flakes
ground black pepper
- Spray a large saucepan with cooking spray.
- Brown beef and chopped onions over medium heat until cooked though; drain any fat.
- To the browned meat and onions, add the cream of tomato soup, tomato sauce, and water.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add uncooked instant rice, green beans, parsley, and black pepper; stir well.
- Cover and reduce heat to low.
- Simmer for 15 minutes or until rice is tender, stirring once or twice.