1 1/2 lbs
boneless pork, cut into cubes
( I use pork tenderloin)
1 (15 ounce) cans
black beans, rinsed and drained
1 (10 3/4 ounce) cans
condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
1 (14 1/2 ounce) cans
diced tomatoes, undrained
2 (4 ounce) cans
chopped green chilies
quick-cooking brown rice
cheddar cheese, shredded
- In large skillet, brown pork in oil until no pink remains, drain.
- Add beans, soup, tomatoes, chilies, rice, water, salsa and cumin. Cook and stir until bubbly.
- Pour into ungreased 2 quart baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350 for 30 minutes or until bubbly.
- Sprinkle with cheese, let stand a few minutes before serving.
- I have made this in my electric skillet and instead of putting it in the oven, just placed the lid on the skillet and let it simmer VERY slowly for 20 or so minutes. Then added the cheese, replaced the lid for about 5 minutes -- and it was good to go.