smoked sausage, cut into chunks
jalapeno peppers, sliced
green bell pepper, de-seeded and cut into chunks
sweet onion, peeled and cut into chunks
sweet and sour sauce
- Make an aluminum foil bag. Use 2 12" x 18" sheets of heavy-duty foil (or double regular foil) and, (after the ingredients are in the bottom half), crimp the top half on.
- Put the sausage, green pepper and onions in the bottom half of the foil bag.
- Mix the Tabasco up with the sweet and sour sauce and pour it over the sausage mix. Seal the foil bag with the top half. Make sure it is "leak-proof".
- Place on the grill (gas or charcoal) and cook for a total of 45 minutes, turning after each 15 minutes.
- You can slit the bag open when done and serve from it at the campsite.
- If you are cooking this in the hot coals of a campfire, reduce the total cooking time by about 15 minutes and turn every 5 minutes.