fine Bulgar wheat
fresh ground pepper
finely chopped parsley
finely chopped green onion
finely chopped tomatoes
fresh lemon juice
- Soak bulgur wheat in lukewarm water to cover by 1/2 inch for 45 minutes and then place in sieve to drain.
- Combine minced onion pepper and salt.
- Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine parsley, scallions and tomatoes,.
- Gently fold in the soaked or rinsed wheat.
- Stir in seasoned onion and dress with lemon and oil.Add parsley, scallions and tomatoes,.
- Refrigerate at least an hour before serving.
- Serve on lettuce leaves in individual dishes, or use tender lettuce heart leaves as scoops to eat the tabbouleh. In Lebanon tabouleh is generally served on a large platter and decorated with chopped tomatoes. The vegetable leaves are served on a separate dish in an attractive way.
- I usually have a basket of mini pitas that we spoon our tabouleh on.