unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 1/2 cups
pure vanilla extract
extra-large eggs, at room temperature
creamy peanut butter
1 1/2 teaspoons
1 1/2 cups raspberry jam or 1 1/2 cups
salted peanuts, coarsely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a 9x13x2" cake pan.
- Line it with parchment paper, then grease and flour the pan.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugar on medium speed until light yellow, about 2 minutes.
- With the mixer on low speed, add the vanilla, eggs and peanut butter and mix until ingredients are combined.
- In a small bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- With the mixer on low speed, slowly add the flour mixture to the peanut butter mixture.
- Mix just until combined.
- Spread 2/3 of the dough into the prepared cake pan and spread over the bottom witha knife or offset spatula.
- Spread the jam evenly over the dough.
- Drop small globs of the remaining dough evenly over the jam.
- Don't worry if all the jam isn't covered; it will spread in the oven.
- Sprinkle with chopped peanuts and bake for 45 minutes, until golden brown.
- Cool and cut into squares.