garlic clove, crushed
fresh gingerroot, grated
boneless skinless chicken breast, cubed
leeks, white part only, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- In a medium dish, mix together the sake, soy sauce, sugar, garlic and ginger. Add chicken, and allow to marinate for 15 minutes.
- Preheat your oven's broiler.
- Grease six metal skewers, and thread alternately with 3 pieces of chicken and 2 pieces of leek.
- Place on a baking sheet or broiling pan, and brush with the marinade.
- Broil for about 5 minutes, baste again, then broil for another 5 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through. Discard remaining marinade.