2 teaspoons butter or 2 teaspoons
2 1/2 cups
red potatoes, diced, raw
3 cups whole milk or 3 cups
evaporated milk, divided
frozen lima beans
salt, to taste
black pepper, to taste
dried thyme, to taste
1 (15 ounce) cans
cooked ham, diced
- Melt butter in a large stockpot.
- Add potatoes, celery,and onions, and stir to coat with the butter.
- Cover and cook on medium heat for 12 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, whisk together 1 cup of the milk with the flour; add to the pot.
- Add remaining milk, chicken broth, lima beans, and seasonings.
- Bring soup to just a boil (be careful not to burn milk), then immediately reduce heat to low and allow to simmer about 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add corn and ham; simmer until vegetables are very tender, another 10 minutes or so (depending upon how small or large you chopped your vegetables).
- Taste and adjust seasonings as needed before serving.