potatoes, peeled, cooked And mashed well
salt & pepper
1/2 cup diced prosciutto or 1/2 cup
thinly sliced basil
freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the butter in a skillet, and cook the onions until they are golden and soft.
- Add this mixture to the potatoes; add in the ham and mix well.
- Beat the eggs together, and then pour this mixture into the bowl with the potatoes; season with salt and pepper, add in the cheese and basil and mix well.
- Heat the remaining butter in a nonstick skillet on medium; once it is foaming, add the potato egg mixture into the pan.
- Turn the heat to low and once the eggs have set, and the only remaining moistness is in the center, place the skillet under the broiler until the top is set and golden.