2 1/2 cups pinhead oats or 2 1/2 cups
steel cut oats
1 lb ground pork or 1 lb
1 1/2 cups
finely chopped onions
( to thicken)
- Place water, oats, salt and pepper into the crock pot and mix well.
- Cover and cook on high for 1 hour, stirring 2 or 3 times.
- Add meats and break up well.
- Add onion, sage, thyme and bay.
- cook for 4 hours on low, stirring now and again.
- Uncover and add cornmeal-stir well.
- Cook uncovered for 30 minutes.
- Turn out into 3 loaf pans, cool and chill in fridge.
- When set turn out and freeze what you want.
- Slice and fry in a little butter or oil until brown and crusty, but dont let them touch in the pan or they will run.