banana pepper, seeded and sliced crossways into rings
- Sterilize 2- 1/2 pint jars.
- Bring the vinegar, sugar, mustard seed and celery seed to a rolling boil.
- Place peppers in the 1/2 pint jars.
- Pour on the hot pickling juice and bring liquid to within 1/2" of the top.
- Be sure the edge of the jar has no juice on it.
- Place lids and screw on bands finger-tip tight.
- Seal jar and leave for 2 weeks.**.
- **This is an heirloom recipe that uses a method no longer recommended by the USDA/NCHFP (National Center for Home Food Preservation). Current guidelines recommend processing in a boiling water bath at least 10 minutes at sea level to 1000 feet in elevation (more time at higher elevations) and left to cool, upright and undisturbed, on a cloth-protected counter for 24 hours. Check for seal; if the jar hasn't sealed, either re-process the jars within the 24 hours or refrigerate and use first.