1 (8 ounce) packages
semisweet mini chocolate chips
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter with the brown sugar over medium heat. Stir continuously, until the brown sugar dissolves. (You can also do this in the microwave but watch it closely. The butter/sugar mixture will boil over fast. Stir every 30 seconds or so.)
- Remove from heat, whisk in the vanilla and set aside to cool.
- Beat the cream cheese and confectioner's sugar for 1 minute.
- Slowly beat in the cooled butter mixture and beat again for another minute.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and nuts, if using.
- Pour into a serving bowl and refrigerate.
- Garnish with additional chocolate chips or nuts, if you choose.