1 (1 ounce) package
active dry yeast
orange blossom water
1 cup marmalade or 1 cup
jam, of your choice
1/2 cup pine nuts or 1/2 cup
- Dissolve the yeast in warm water with 1 tsp (5mL) sugar.
- Heat milk with butter and, if desired, flavor with orange-blossom water. Remove from heat and beat in eggs.
- Sift together dry ingredients. Add dissolved yeast and egg mixture and knead until dough is elastic and smooth.
- Place dough in a greased bowl, cover, and let rise in a warm place until double in size (1-2 hours).
- Soften marmelade in microwave or in small pan. Add nuts and mix.
- Punch down dough and roll out into a 16x12-inch (40x30 cm) square. Spread with filling and roll lengthwise. Cut into 16 pieces and arrange in buttered baking pan. Let rise 1 hour.
- Brush tops of buns with some marmelade diluted int water and then bake at 375 F (190 C) for 25 minutes.