2 1/4 cups
egg, lightly beaten
1 1/2 cups
cooking apple, peeled,cored and chopped
( for deep frying)
- Sprinkle the yeast over 1/4 c milk and stir to dissolve.
- Combine the flour and salt and add remaining milk and the egg.
- Add yeast mixture, raisins and apple.
- Mix well.
- Let stand in a warm place until doubled.
- Heat oil for frying.
- Shape balls of batter with 2 metal spoons and drop them in the hot oil a few at a time.
- Deep fry for about 8 minutes.
- Drain on paper towel.
- Put powdered sugar in paper bag.
- Put the drained doughnuts in the sugar and shake to coat.
- Remove and let cool.
- Once cool, shake them in the sugar again.