creme de menthe
Creme de Cacao
- To make the crust, crush chocolate wafers and mix with melted butter.
- Press into a 9 or 10 inch pie plate.
- An alternative is to just take the whole wafers and line the pie plate with them, breaking them in half where necessary to fill in the gaps.
- Then melt the marshmallows and milk in a saucepan, over a low heat.
- Once melted, add creme de menthe and creme de cacao.
- Prepare one envelope of Dream Whip, fold into marshmallow mixture, put into crust and chill.
- To decorate, break a chocolate wafer in half and rub the two edges together over the pie to make a nice sprinkling of chocolate crumbs.
- This is a fun dessert around Saint Paddy's day, but if you want to make it for Christmas, substitute crushed candy canes, melted into the milk, for the creme de menthe.