1 1/2 lbs
beef, cut into cubes
( can also use 1/2 pound beef, 1/2 pound pork, and 1/2 veal)
2 tablespoons oil or 2 tablespoons
green pepper, coarsely chopped
( to taste)
1 1/2 teaspoons
- Heat oil in a heavy skillet. Add onion and cook over low heat until lightly yellowed.
- Add paprika and blend well. Add meat, green pepper, salt, and water.
- Cover and simmer until meat is tender, about 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
- Add more water if desired, although mixture should not be overly soupy when finished cooking.
- Serve over hot boiled potatoes or topped with dumplings. (I use Bread Dumplings).