eggplant, peeled cut into 1/4-inch slices
parmesan cheese, grated
garlic clove, minced
French bread, halved lengthwise
- Beat egg and water together and brush it on the eggplant slices.
- Dip both sides of the eggplant into the Parmesan cheese.
- Place slices on a baking sheet and place under broiler.
- Brown both sides, about 5 minutes.
- Set aside to cool.
- Mix garlic and thyme into mayonnaise and spread on bread.
- Layer the eggplant and tomato slices on bread.
- Slice sandwich into 4 sections and serve.