to 3 lemons, juice of
( or 3TB dried)
salt & pepper
- Slice the stem of the artichokes and remove the outer leaves. Carefully remove core ('choke') including fuzzy/prickly stuff of artichoke Rub each artichoke with a lemon and put all of them in bowl full of water. You will be left with just the 'heart'.
- Cut the potatoes and the spring onions in medium sized slices.
- Slice the carrots and saute them together briefly with the spring onions in a saucepan with the oil.
- Add the artichokes and the potatoes, the dill, the lemon juice, salt, pepper and enough water to cover them. Allow to cook, stirring occasionally, for 1/2 hour or until tender.
- Remove from pan with slotted to spoon to serving platter; discarding dill. Sprinkle with fresh dill, salt & pepper.