red bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
garlic cloves, peeled and quartered lengthwise
apple cider vinegar
- Place brussel sprouts in bowl of food processor. Pulse 12-15 times, or until roughly shredded.
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium low heat. Add garlic, and cook 5-7 minutes, or until light brown.
- Increase heat to medium high and add shredded sprouts, red pepper, brown sugar, salt and pepper. Cook 5 minutes, or until lightly browned. Stir often.
- Add water and cook 5 minutes or more until most of the liquid is evaporated. Stir in vinegar and season to taste with additional salt or pepper to taste. Serve immediately.
- Note: Frozen sprouts can be used in a pinch in this recipe. Thaw first and reduce cooking time a bit. You want them to be crisp/ tender in this recipe.