skinned salmon fillets
1/3 cup distilled vinegar or 1 lemons, juice of or 1 cup
shallots, finely chopped
white distilled vinegar
lightly-salted butter, softened to room temperature
1 -2 tablespoon
chopped fresh basil
chopped fresh tarragon
- Cut fish into individual serving sizes.
- In large skillet, bring enough water to a boil to cover fish by 1 inch.
- If the fish isn't fresh add the white wine, lemon juice, or vinegar.
- Add the fish and turn down the heat to simmer. Cook about 10 minutes per inch of thickness of fish. When done, drain on paper towels.
- While fish is simmering, cook shallots in the vinegar in a small pan over low to medium heat until 1 TB of liquid remains. Add optional ingredients.
- Remove pan from heat. Whisk the butter, 2 TB at a time, into the shallots letting it melt before adding more.
- Serve sauce over fish.