3 1/2-4 lbs
chicken leg quarters, bone-in and skinned
onion, finely chopped
hot paprika, preferably Hungarian
Tomato, peeled and coarsely chopped
extra- wide egg noodles, cooked, drained and buttered
- Heat the oil in the pressure cooker over medium-high heat until beginning to smoke. Add the chicken pieces and cook until golden all around, 4 - 5 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- Add the onion, paprika, and broth and stir to mix. Return the chicken to the pot and add the tomato on top, but don't stir it. Add the salt.
- Lock on the lid and bring to pressure over high heat, 4 - 5 minutes. Reduce the heat to medium and cook for 7 minutes. Remove from the heat and let sit for 5 minutes to finish cooking.
- With steam vent pointed away from you face, gently release any remaining pressure and transfer the chicken to a plate. Set aside in a warm place while the liquid cooks in the pot for 15 minutes.
- Whisk the sour cream in a small bowl until smooth. Add 1/4 cup of the liquid from the pot and whisk until smooth. Pour the sour cream mixture into the pot and whisk to mix. Return the chicken pieces and any juices to the pot. Reheat briefly without boiling.
- Spread the warm egg noodles on a serving platter. Arrange the chicken over the noodles and pour the sauce over all.