scotch steak fillets
1 -2 tablespoon
1 1/2 cups
mccormicks pepper steak seasoning
salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Season raw steaks with salt and freshly cracked pepper.
- Melt butter with oil in pan, add steak and cook to you liking. Remove and set aside.
- Turn heat to medium. Add flour to the pan to make a roux with the pan juices, let cook for 1 minute.(only add enough flour to thicken the mix, don't put so much that it makes the mixture "crumbly" because the flour can overtake the taste and you will end up needing more stock or water).
- Begin adding the stock bit by bit, whisking constantly so it doesn't get lumpy. It will be quite thin once all the stock is added.
- Add pepper steak seasoning to your taste and mix in to the gravy. Keep whisking.
- Add cream and thicken to your liking on a low / medium heat.
- Re-heat steaks in the micorwave for about 30 sec's if you haven't kept them warm.
- Serve with chips or potato mash.