3/4 cup soymilk (Read *NOTE) or 3/4 cup
( Read *NOTE)
1/4 cup unsweetened apple juice or 1/4 cup unsweetened cranberry juice or 1/4 cup unsweetened white grape juice or 1/4 cup
unsweetened orange juice
whole wheat couscous
banana, peeled and sliced
salt, to taste
- *NOTE: Regular cow's milk can be substituted for the soy milk.
- In a small pot on high heat, bring the milk substitute and juice of choice just to a boil.
- Reduce heat and stir in the couscous with a fork. Cover and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Turn off heat, leave pan on element, and allow to stand a few minutes.
- If desired, season with salt. Serve with fresh fruit and a sprinkle of cinnamon or other favorite spice.
- Yield: 1 medium or 2 small servings.