shredded Hawaiian bread
1 (14 ounce) cans
sweetened condensed milk
2 -2 1/2 cups
sliced canned peaches, drained and juice reserved
of the reserved peach juice
heavy cream, heated to barely hot
1 1/2 teaspoons
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Butter an 11X7 baking dish.
- In a large bowl, combine sweetened condensed milk and eggs, blending well; add peaches, peach juice, hot water and heated cream, melted butter, cinnamon, extracts and nutmeg.
- Add bread. Stir well, moistening completely; cover and refrigerate for at least one hour and up to three, stirring occasionally.
- Turn into prepared baking dish and bake for approximately 70 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool slightly and serve with ice cream, heavy cream or a dessert sauce; refrigerate leftovers.