1 (100 g) packages
blue cheese, crumbled, divided
cream cheese, at room temperature
2% low-fat milk, more if required
6 cups mesclun or 6 cups
other mixed salad greens
3 firm ripe pears or 3
nuts, toasted and coarsely chopped
fresh ground black pepper
- Whisk together in a small bowl, half the blue cheese with the cream cheese and milk until well combined. If you find the dressing too thick add a little more milk. May be made ahead and refrigerated. (If you buy the crumbled blue cheese you will need a 175g package).
- Place 1 cup of the mesclun mix on individual salad plates.
- Cut pears in half, remove core and cut into wedges.
- Arrange pears on top of greens.
- Drizzle dressing over pears. Top with remaining blue cheese, nuts and pepper.