1 1/2 cups
fresh mint, washed and packed
3 1/4 cups
2 -3 drops
green food coloring
1 (1 3/4 ounce) boxes
- Crush mint leaves (I did a rough chop). Add water. Bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat, cover and let stand 10 minutes. Strain and measure 3 cups of mint infusion.
- Add food coloring and lemon juice. Add Sure-Jell, dissolve and bring to a rapid boil.
- Add sugar. Cook fast, stirring occasionally until it comes to a rapid boil that cannot be stirred down, then cook 1 minute more.
- Pour into sterilized jelly glasses and seal. I processed in the steam canner for 10 minutes to insure a good seal.