3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons
1 1/2 cups
salt and pepper, to taste
wide egg noodles
cooked chicken, shredded
( about 1 1/2#)
1 (10 ounce) packages frozen broccoli or 1 (10 ounce) packages
italian style frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
muenster cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Grease a medium sized casserole dish, set aside.
- Saute onion in butter for about 3 minutes.
- Mix in flour.
- Gradually stir in broth, combining well.
- Gradually add milk to the saucepan, and cook stirring constantly until thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in salt and pepper.
- Remove from heat.
- Bring 2 quarts of water to a boil.
- Add egg noodles, and cook for 6 minutes.
- Drain noodles well.
- Spread noodles in the prepared baking dish.
- Place chicken and broccoli over noodles.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken and broccoli.
- Sprinkle the cheese over the top.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until the cheese is nicely melted.