fresh lime juice
( about 3-4 limes)
( plus more for brushing)
1 1/2 teaspoons
boneless skinless chicken
corn tortillas, 5-6 inches
1 1/2 cups
shredded monterey jack cheese
1 1/2 cups
salsa (optional) or guacamole (optional) or sour cream (optional) or cilantro (optional) or green onions (optional) or
- Place chicken in a gallon size ziplock bag and add all the marinade ingredients. Press air out and seal. Turn bag to coat the chicken and refrigerate for at least 4 hours (preferrably overnight), turning the bag occasionally. Remove meat from the refrigerator 20 minutes before grilling.
- Over medium high coals, grill chicken for 5 minutes on each side or until done.
- Transfer chicken to a cutting board to rest for 5 minutes before cutting into strips.
- Lightly brush both sides of tortillas with vegetable oil. Grill on both sides for about one minute. Before removing from grill, sprinkle with cheese.
- To serve, layer with shredded lettuce, chicken strips, remaining cheese and any additional ingredients.