onion, chopped fine
garlic cloves, chopped fine
fresh basil leaves, shredded
1 (2 ounce) cans
anchovy fillets, drained, and chopped
tomatoes, seeded and chopped
salt and pepper
1 lb spaghetti or 1 lb
- Heat oil in a pan and saute onion over medium heat until soft.
- Add the garlic and saute until beginning to color. Don't over cook, it will get bitter.
- Add tomatoes and bring to a boil.
- Simmer for 20 minute.
- Cook pasta as directed on package until al dente and drain.
- Add basil and anchovies the the sauce the last few minutes of cooking and stir in well.
- Toss with hot cooked pasta.