1 1/4 cups
3 tablespoons flour or 3 tablespoons
1 1/4 cups
3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons
unbaked pie shells
- In large saucepan, melt margarine.
- Add sugar, flour, cold water, vinegar.
- Whisk to mix so there is no lumps and all is mixed well.
- Add beaten eggs. Mix.
- Cook on low to medium heat stirring until filling starts to thicken. Stir a few more times and set aside.
- Place pie crust in a deep dish pie pan.
- Flute edges with the back of a fork.
- Prick 4 sets of fork tine holes in wheel fashion on the bottom of crust.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Throw beans in the bottom of pie pan.
- Bake 8 minutes. Take out of oven.
- Lower oven temperature to 375°.
- Remove the beans.
- Throw one dash salt on the pie crust.
- Pour in filling and level evenly.
- Wrap tin foil around the edges of the pie crust.
- Bake about 40 - 45 minutes. Check. When the filling is lightly browned and a knife stuck in the center comes clean it is done.
- Cool in cold box, refrigerator or cooler.
- Note: This recipe can be put in a camp oven or cast iron dutch oven over coals. The crust on the bottom may become a little crispy.