boneless skinless chicken cutlets
1 1/2 cups
( I recommend SoyVay with sesame seeds)
( if needed)
( sherry may work too)
( or whatever you need to wrap chicken)
- Trim all excess fat from skirt steak and slice into kabob sized slices. (I made mine about 1 inch thick so they would come out medium-well when done) Cut chicken into pieces that corresponds to the cooking time of the steak. (Again, mine were about 1 1/2 inch cubes).
- Combine teriyaki sauce, vermouth, garlic and onion in a large bowl. Add meats and marinate 4-6 hours, turning occasionally. Meanwhile, soak wooden skewers in water until ready to make kabobs.
- When ready, wrap 1/2 slice bacon around each piece of chicken. Make kabobs by alternating steak and chicken on skewers, making sure to stab through the bacon to keep it wrapped around the chicken.
- Cook over med-high heat on BBQ, turning once, cooking about 15 minutes total. Baste with leftover marinade, and squirt with lemon juice during cooking.
- If you cant find teriyaki sauce with sesame seeds, add lots of sesame seeds to the marinade -- I dont know if it makes a difference, but why take the chance for such a small thing. I found Soy Vay to be the absolute best brand of teriyaki sauce.
- Time does not include marinating time, but the prep is so quick that I did all of it while getting my kids out the door for school in the morning. Then, after setting up the kabobs I refrigerated them until ready to cook that evening.