1 1/2 lbs
salt and pepper
- Scramble fry ground beef, onions, celery, carrot, and garlic powder until beef is cooked through and onions are transluscent.
- Draining any excess grease.
- Add stock or 2 cups of beef boullion. Bring to a boil and simmer 5-10 minutes.
- To make gravy: Add slurry of flour and water stirring constantly to prevent lumps.
- While cooking beef mixture, boil your potatoes and mash.
- Serve with a veggie on the side or a nice salad.
- This recipe is easily adaptable to oven baking as a cheapo(that's me!) version of shepherd's pie. Just add more veggies(frozen mixed works great!) to the hamburger mixture, place in a casserole, top with the mashed potatoes and bake for 20-30 minute at 350. Or until heated through. Add some grated cheddar to the top 5-10 minute before baking time ends and yum!