unsalted butter, softened PLUS
unsalted butter, softened
1 1/2 teaspoons
unsweetened cocoa, PLUS
firmly packed brown sugar
( or pecans)
- Preheat oven to 350. Lightly grease/spray an 8" square baking pan.
- Beat butter and white sugar and vanilla until creamy; add eggs, one at a time beating well after each.
- In a seperate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt, and cocoa; stir well. Add this flour mixture into the creamed mixture and beat well.
- Spoon half of this batter into the prepared 8" square pan, spreading evenly.
- In a small bowl, stir together brown sugar, nuts and cinnamon. Sprinkle this mixture evenly over the 1/2 brownie batter in pan.
- Spoon/dallop remaining brownie batter over top; spread evenly.
- Bake at 350 for 45-50 minutes or until toothpick poked in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack,.