onions, coarsely chopped
( 2 cups)
green pepper, cut into 1 1/2 inch strips
garlic cloves, minced
( 1 tablespoon)
1 (28 ounce) cans
2 (8 ounce) packages
baby carrots, halved diagonally
1 (8 ounce) packages
italian flavored baked tofu, cubed
12 ounces linguine or 12 ounces
- In large pot, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add onions and pepper. Cook 5-7 minutes, or unti softened, stirring often.
- Add garlic. Cook 1 minute, or until fragrant.
- Stir in tomatoes, carrots, tofu, sage, and bay leaf. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Cover. Reduce heat and simmer until carrots are tender (about 1 hour).
- Cook pasta according to package directions (you can do this while you're simmering the cacciatore.).
- Remove the bay leaf and serve the cacciatore over the cooked pasta.