cooked rice, one day old
( or more)
rice flour, plus
1 teaspoon salt or 1 teaspoon
4 teaspoons sugar or 4 teaspoons
4 -5 tablespoons
Pam cooking spray
Kikkoman soy sauce
- In medium bowl, mix 1 cup rice flour, salt, baking powder and splenda.
- In large bowl, add cooked rice and shortening. Mix with a fork, mash the rice in the shortening. Use your fingers if it is easier.
- Pour in the dry rice flour mixture, a little at a time and mix each time.
- Add 1 tblsp cold water each time.
- The rice dough mixture should be moist.
- Add the vanilla and mix well. I use my hands.
- Preheat oven 375*.
- Squeese, knead and press with your hands.
- Let the dough rest at least 10 minutes.
- Take 1 tsp of dough, roll it in your hands and press down on the baking trays.It can be round in shape or elongated, either way, it is flattened.Use the back of the teaspoon to press it down.
- Note: I use the 2 tblsp rice flour to dust my hands.
- You will have many round or elongated flat crackers. The crackers will rise. Cook about 5 minutes.
- Heat soy sauce and margarine.Then brush soy sauce mixture on the top. Finish cooking about 8 minutes. The soy sauce will make the crackers brown and harden on top.
- Take a spatula and take one out and check the bottom, if it is slightly browned on the bottom it is done. Let cool and air dry.
- If you live in a humid region, you must put in air tight container. They will not stay crisp. You will have to crisp in the oven again. Make sure they are very very flat.