diced celery rib
diced green bell pepper
chopped garlic cloves
1/2 cup flour or 1/2 cup
1 1/2-2 lbs cooked chicken (i.e. "leftover) or 1 1/2-2 lbs
turkey meat, chopped to chunks
( skinless boneless)
2 cups chicken stock or 2 cups
potatoes, skinned and diced
carrots, peeled and coined
1 1/2 cups
frozen tiny peas
- Melt the margarine/butter in a pan at low heat and add celery, garlic, peppers and onion and cook until translucent.
- Add gravy and/or chicken stock and heat until bubbly, then add flour and or cornstarch, mixing well to form a "roux".
- Add potato, chicken/turkey, carrots, and peas.
- Heat until at a full simmer.
- Season with salt & pepper, paprika, and poultry seasoning, to taste.
- Empty into a Dutch oven and cover with a pie crust, venting to suit.
- Cook in a 350°F oven for 90 minutes, and serve.