lemon, juice of
( peeled & crushed)
( green onions I think in the USA, sliced)
- Slice meat across the grain into strips and place in a glass dish.
- Mix together the soy sauce, lemon juice and garlic and pour over the meat mixing well.
- Leave to marinate for approx 2hours to get the best flavour or longer if you wish.
- Meanwhile steam the brocolli, cauliflower & carrots or cook til just crisp tender in a microwave.
- When ready to cook, drain meat reserving the marinade.
- Heat oil in a large pan or wok until very hot.
- Add beef strips and cook quickly to seal. You may need to do this in 2 batches.
- Add the onion & cook, stirring til lightly browned.
- Add in the drained vegetables and toss to mix.
- Mix the cornflour with a little cold water and then add in the reserved marinade and more water to make 1 cup liquid.
- Add the liquid to the pan and stir til thickened and heated through.
- Serve over steamed rice and top with sliced spring onions.