12 corn tortillas or 12
1 1/2 cups
monterey jack cheese, shredded
garlic cloves, minced
fresh spinach, washed, drained and coarsely chopped
1/4 cup lime juice or 1/4 cup
season salt, to taste
( reduced to 1 t from 1 T and it was still considered salty please adjust to your taste or leave out a)
chicken bouillon granule
cilantro, chopped, use the amount that suits your taste
- Filling: Heat butter in a large skillet over medium heat and saute onions, garlic and mushrooms until soft and liquid has evaporated, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Remove half of the mushroom mixture and set aside, reserving for the sauce.
- Add wine and cook for 2 minutes more.
- Add spinach and cook until spinach is wilted and liquid has evaporated. Taste and add salt or season salt to taste IF NEEDED.
- Sauce: In a small sauce pan combine water, wine/juice, seasoned salt, chicken bouillon and garlic powder. Stir to dissolve before adding reserved mushroom mixture, sour cream and cilantro. Reduce heat to simmer until sauce just begins to thicken.
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Wrap tortillas in paper towels and heat in microwave for a minute or so just to soften them.
- Divide filling evenly among the warm tortillas, fill and roll and place them seam side down in a greased 9x13 pan.
- Pour sauce over enchiladas, top with shredded cheese and bake 10-15 minutes- just until cheese is melted- browned if you like- and the entire dish has heated through.