5 -6 tablespoons
dried Italian seasoning
3 -4 teaspoons
- COMBINE cornflour, dried italian seasoning (i.e. oregano, parsley etc.)and pepper in bowl or ziplock bag.
- SLICE chicken breasts in half lengthways and then in 2 to 3 pieces across;.
- FLOUR chicken; shake excess off before.
- HEAT pan; then add oil; BROWN chicken and REMOVE.
- Saute garlic, onions, mushrooms and red or green pepper until SOFT.
- ADD diced zucchini, can of diced tomatoes with juice, red wine, lemon juice, lemon rind and brown sugar.
- Bring to a BOIL, reduce to simmer.
- ADD chicken back into large pot on stove and simmer for 1 hour until chicken is tender.
- When done, add black olives and.
- NOTE: Recipe might vary depending on size of chicken breasts
- NOTE: Cornflour to Italian season should be 2 Tbsp to 1 Tbsp ratio whatever total amount you use to coat chicken.
- NOTE: Also tried recipe by pouring sauce oven chicken and baking it on low in oven (120 - 150 degrees) and found while it was still tasty, it did not have the same taste/consistency as that done on the stove top.
- NOTE: I covered the chicken while simmering on the stove top but you might need to stir every now and then to make sure it does stick.