chicken wings, cut into joints, bony wing tips cut off
( or 3 lb. chicken drumettes)
shallots, finely chopped
firmly packed light brown sugar
salt, to taste
- Coat slow cooker with cooking spray; rinse chicken wings, the pat dry.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over med-high heat.
- Brown the wings, in batches, for 3-5 minutes on each side; as the wings brown, transfer to the slow cooker.
- Lower heat to medium; add more oil to skillet if necessary; add in shallots; stir/saute 3-4 minutes or until softened; stir in remaining ingredients.
- Remove from heat and pour mixture over wings; stir the wings to coat evenly.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
- If possible, stir gently halfway through cooking with a wooden spoon, pushing the wings on the top to the bottom to coat with sauce.