salt & freshly ground black pepper
green onion, chopped
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat.
- Add the onions, cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until very soft, about 20 minutes.
- Uncover and continue cooking, stirring often, until golden, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Let cool completely.
- Mix the mayonnaise and sour cream in a medium bowl. Stir in ALL the onions and Season with salt and pepper.
- Cover and refrigerate until chilled, at least 2 hours and up to 2 days.
- Serve chilled, or room temp with your favorite chips, veggies, or even as a baked potato topper.
- Garnish with extra green onion or chives if you feel the need to make it pretty.