garlic cloves, minced
sweet onion, diced
vine-ripe tomatoes, cored and diced
fresh basil, chopped
salt and pepper
1 lb tagliatelle pasta noodles or 1 lb
1 1/4 cups
parmigiano-reggiano cheese, shaved
- Add the garlic and onion to the vinegar in a glass or pottery bowl (metal taints the flavor) and marinate for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile cook the pasta as directed on the box until al dente.
- Add the tomatoes and basil to the vinegar and let stand while pasta cooks to blend flavors (about 10 minutes).
- Drain pasta and toss right away with the tomato mixture.
- Toss with the cheese and serve at once.