dried fig, stemmed and chopped
pinot noir wine
1 1/2-2 tablespoons
lemon slices, seeds removed
baguette, cut into 24 slices
extra virgin olive oil
( for brushing)
brie cheese, cold and thinly sliced
1 1/2 tablespoons
- Combine figs, wine, honey and lemon slices in medium suacepan.
- Bring to boil, then reduce heat and cook, covered over low heat for about 30 minutes.
- Let cool, remove lemon slices, then puree in blender.
- Brush baguette slices with olive oil, and place oil side down on large baking sheet.
- Spread about 1/2 tbsp fig spread on each baguette, top with brie slices, and sprinkle with fresh thyme.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.