garlic cloves, peeled and mashed
Italian sausage, removed from casings
savoy cabbage, cooked and chopped into bite-size pieces
salt and pepper
( to taste)
freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Heat oil and garlic in a large sauté pan over medium heat.
- Add crumbled sausage, and sauté until meat is cooked.
- Add cooked cabbage pieces and salt and pepper to taste, and sauté for an additional 2 minutes.
- Stir in Marinara Sauce, and cook for 5 minutes, until flavors have blended.
- Meanwhile, cook penne in a large, deep pot in rapidly boiling salted water until al dente.
- Drain pasta, and return it to the pot with 1/2 cup of sauce.
- Stir for one minute over high heat, then place sauced pasta on serving platter and pour remaining sauce on top.
- Sprinkle top with Parmesan cheese and serve.