1 lb ground beef or 1 lb
2 teaspoons salt or 2 teaspoons
( or 2 tablespoons Splenda substitute with 1 tsp molasses)
1 (10 3/4 ounce) cans
2 1/2 cups
1 (29 ounce) cans
diced tomatoes with juice
whole head of cabbage, fresh and chopped
lemon, juice of, fresh
- In deep metal rectangular pan or 9x13 pan,cover the inside of pan with tinfoil, bottom and sides so there is enough lap over the sides to fold together in the middle to form a cover.
- Remove core and chop cabbage.
- Place in pan.
- Sprinkle with 1 tsp salt.
- In large mixing bowl, mix meat, 1 tsp salt, pepper, diced onions, 2 eggs, cilantro, rice, and brown sugar. Mix well.
- Distribute evenly over the chopped cabbage.
- Squeeze the lemon over the meat mixture.
- In bowl mix soup water, tomatoes with juice and allspice.
- Pour over the top. Take a fork and gently fork down in the layer of ingredients to make sure sauce goes down into the bottom to the cabbage. Do not rip tinfoil.You can refrigerate overnight but use more cooking time.
- Remember to close the tin foil and make a fold in the top. This creates a steam pocket for the rice and vegetables to cook.
- Bake 350°F 50 minutes or extra 10 minutes if refrigerated.