shrimp, in the shell
3 (1020.58 g) bottle
( can be flat)
4.92 ml dried thyme or 14.79 ml
fresh thyme, minced
garlic cloves, peeled and slivered
fresh ground black pepper
hot pepper sauce, to taste
- Wash and drain the shrimp.
- In a large saute pan or Dutch oven, combine the beer, thyme, dry mustard, bay leaves, garlic, salt, freshly ground black pepper, and 1 Tablespoon each of parsley and chives.
- Bring to a boil, add the shrimp and cook just until the shellfish turns bright pink, about 1 minute.
- Remove the bay leaves and serve from the pot or transfer the shrimp to a large bowl.
- Make a butter dipping sauce by melting butter in a small saucepan.
- Into melted butter stir lime juice, 2 Tablespoons each of parsley and chives, and hot pepper sauce to taste.
- Peel and eat shrimp to your heart's content - dipping in the butter sauce or just plain.