good quality chicken breast, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
( They're easier to cube if you cut them while still a little frozen)
garlic clove, peeled and crushed, is what the recipe i have calls for, but I used 1 tablespoon of minced garlic fr
best quality olive oil
lemon juice, but I used Lime juice
- In non-reactive container (glass, good ceramic or stainless steel) combine the cubed chicken, garlic, salt, cinnamon, black pepper, allspice, oil and lemon juice, mix well, cover (you can use saran wrap).
- *Note* You should marinate the chicken for several hours in the refrigerator to get the best taste out of the chicken.
- Thirty minutes before grilling remove from refrigerator, allowing it to reach room temperature.
- Thread onto skewers *note*.
- If using wooden skewers, be sure to soak them in cold water for at least 20 minutes prior to using.
- Grill over medium charcoal fire, basting and turning several times, until delicately browned.
- The recipe also says you can also grill in the oven, but if you've got a charcoal grill, it works much nicer.
- But if you dont have a charcoal grill; pre-heat the grill. Place chicken on skewers over an oven sheet and cook until browned (6-8 minutes), turning skewers and basting occasionally with the marinade to keep moist.
- I serve this with baked pita,hummus, Kibbee, and a nice green salad with feta cheese dressing.