3 (3 1/2 ounce) packages
vanilla pudding mix
1 1/2 teaspoons
almond extract, divided
white grape juice
poundcake, cut into 1/2 inch slices
red raspberry preserves
8 crisp almond macaroons, crushed or 1/4 cup
toasted slivered almonds
- Prepare pudding mixes according to package directions; cool if using cooked.
- Blend in 1 teaspoons almond extract.
- Combine remaining 1/2 teaspoon almond extract with grape juice in a separate bowl. Set aside.
- Spread 1/4 of the pound cake slices with all of the raspberry preserves and 1/4 of the pound cake slices with all of the blackberry preserves; top each spread slice with unspread slice to form "sandwiches.".
- Cut sandwiches into 3/4-inch wide pieces. Reserve a few to garnish top of trifle; sprinkle remaining pieces with grape juice mixture.
- Spoon 1/3 pudding into 6-cup dessert dish or trifle bowl. Alternate raspberry and blackberry cake pieces in pattern on pudding, using half of pieces. Repeat procedure.
- Top with remaining pudding. Cover and chill several hours.
- Shortly before serving, whip cream with powdered sugar and vanilla extract until soft peaks form.
- Pipe rosettes or spoon dollops of whipped cream on top of trifle; garnish with reserved cake pieces and crushed macaroons.